Thursday, October 2, 2008

I hate spiders!

So hopefully you can click on this picture and see for yourself how freakishly large it is! I haven't seen more than two small spiders since we moved here then all of the sudden one day when Josh had just gone to work this huge thing came climbing up my wall! I am not ashamed to say that I was crying on the phone to Josh telling him he needed to come back home and kill this nasty bug, but of course he just started laughing and telling me I could do it myself. I did kill it myself after 15 minutes of trying to execute my strategy. It was messy and I had a break down for a while after this terrible process was over! I know I am suppose to have respect and love for all of Gods creatures but I'm pretty sure spiders are the spawn of satan!

6 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

You and Christina have the same reaction to spiders (LOL!).

Bailey said...

You are so funny! Spiders are nasty, but Mike is more afraid of spiders than I am so I end up killing them.

museumeg said...

I hate when they squish when you kill them! Gives me the heebie-jeebies every time.xwx

The McEwen's said...

OH my gosh, I am the exact same way. One time I woke Brandon up at like 4 in the morning because I went to the bathroom and needed to wash my hands and there was a giant spider in the sink! He was mad, but he did it to stop me from freaking out! I miss you, this made me laugh!

Larsen's said...

Oh, I know what you mean, Sierra!!! We are very lucky not to live in a house/area where there are lots of spiders, because they freak me out.


...but, let me tell you, when you have kids, you have to be brave. What I do (caution - this is gross) is KILL first, CLEAN later. So, I SLAP them really hard with a shoe...BAM!!!! and take a wet paper towel, wipe, and be done with it.

I am shuddering just thinking about it!!!

Melanie Cain said...

Okay.... you need to take a lesson from me. Don't be a girl! Just find the biggest thing you can get your hands on and smash it. I assume you wouldn't be good at cleaning trailers with me, yesterday I played with a black widow on a stick! I guess you should have grown up in finley! I love you even if you are scared of spiders.