Thursday, October 16, 2008

Come on the California teachers union donated, really?

I just want to say how outrageous I think it is that the California state teachers union donated $1million to support gay marriage!! I wasn't that upset when I heard of all the dumb celebrities donating their money to No on Prop 8 but our own teachers union? I expected more of them. This is absolutely ridiculous, I thought of about 100 other things that this union could have used this money for that were educationally based! I saw this article in the Daily Post but this website will do the trick too. This article says that the union is for equal rights, last time I checked same sex partners had the same rights as anyone else. I end this post with saying that you can't call a peanut butter and jelly sandwich that if you have just peanut butter or just jelly. A marriage is not a marriage if it is not between a man and a woman! I'm sorry; seeing our public school union support this made me a little crazy. Sorry to all the teachers that belong to this union and who support Prop 8, I would be outraged if I had to pay dues to this union!
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/news/articles/2005-9319.html

8 comments:

Michael Larsen said...

Odd to consider, but I'm honestly not surprised.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

wow, coming from a teacher background myself, I can think of a lot more ways to spend that money...retards...maybe that was too harsh, but honestly people.

are you going to washington for christmas?

Karen said...

Yet another reason why I homeschool Sierra. Keep the posts coming.

Erika said...

Oh thank goodness. I thought I was the only one worked up about this. The story I heard said that the teachers voted overwhelmingly to give money to the no on 8 side. I asked one of the teachers at the school if she got the ballot from the CTA to vote on this and she said no. She was not even aware that the union had done this. I also heard an ad on the radio that if I was not sure about what to vote for to protect my childs school from budget cuts that I was supposed to talk to teachers. Funny, I wonder if the CTA thought about talking to the actual teachers about more important issues than opposing prop 8? Obviously not. One day two of the teachers ran to the office excited to be getting donations of paper and supplies from a local company that was going out of business. Surely any money spent on the prop.8 issue could have been used here instead.

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!! Schools should stay out of politics period. No exceptions because schools have to represent their students, parents and communities that they are in. And since there will always be a variety of opinions on what should be done, hence schools should NEVER get involoved in something like this. Stomp your feet.

Anonymous said...

are you kidding?! Education should not get involved in that. That makes me mad

Holman Family said...

So we are going to Texas for Christmas because Mike's parents moved there this summer. But we will be in K-town for Thanksgiving!

Nikki Nelson said...

I totally agree! Schools shouldn't get involved in politics. I'm just very relieved that Prop 8 passed, and am trying to prepare myself for what is coming for us next with all of these lawsuits, etc. We've still got some hard work ahead of us.