Monday, December 5, 2011

What we're up to this week...



We're learning to take a pacifier. She tries to suck on everything lately. She especially likes her hands so I thought I would stick a pacifier in and see what happens. She use to hate them but now she finds them tolerable.
Action shot: a combination of rolling and sucking on a bink.
Tummy time is always fun and we're holding our head up very well nowadays. As you can see she is still somewhat bald, she doesn't let that stop her from rocking a headband. Someone asked me if she was a boy or girl the other day. She was wearing a dress mind you and luckily the baby in my arms held me back from my first reaction to slap the woman. Thankfully I kept it classy by pointing out that strange as it may seem the baby who is wearing a dress in my arms was in fact a girl.

Last but not least, baby S is sleeping in her own room!! Since Friday December 2nd Sum has been taking her naps and sleeping in her very own room. Still in her pack n play but in another room. My room now feels emptier and less fun. I must admit I miss her sleeping next to my bed but I cannot lie at the fact that I sleep much better and less stressed. Ya for the progress of babies!
Now that I have bragged and gone on about this little milestone that has lasted just 3 days I must add that if motherhood has taught me anything it's that nothing lasts forever and she could be just waiting for the right moment to hate sleeping alone again. Cheers for 3 nights tho:)

Also notice in this last picture how sprawled out the babe is. She has never liked swaddling and in fact tries to stretch her arms out as far as they will go. You try to confine this baby's arms or legs and she will scream bloody murder so don't even think about it:)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She is so cute! We can't wait to see her in a couple of weeks :)

Mindy said...

I look forward to those days of sleeping alone, but I know the feeling of missing them. They do grow up way to fast, even thou its fun.

Jill and Dane said...

Ya for Summer growing up! What a little cutie. Some old man called Boston a girl one time. I was like, "are you kidding me? He's as boy as it gets". Some people are incredibly non observant. I think that must happen with EVERY baby and I think every mom probably wants to punch, said nonobservant person. :)