Tuesday, November 29, 2011

3 months

Baby S turned 3 months old on Thanksgiving! Thanksgiving was a fun time with our friends in the area, Sum got to spend time with her best friend who is one day older but I didn't get pictures of them together, mainly because I was eating and also because Sum was pinching her best friend on the cheek so we had to separate them:)
This girl is doing something new everyday. She is now rolling from side to side and will soon be rolling all the way over, I can't believe it! She is also putting things into her mouth, just about anything she can lift and pull over to her goes to her mouth and this is something she started doing just two weeks ago.
Sum also laughed for the first time this month, it was like angels singing I tell you!

She started going down for a morning nap in her own crib! It lasts just a little while but it counts and is so appreciated by me:) Other than her morning nap she hates the crib, weird I know. She especially hates her crib at night, but she is still a good sleeper whether it's with me or in her crib (by crib I mean pack n play in our bedroom, we haven't graduated to the crib yet.)
She still hates pacifiers and bottles.

We also went on our first trip this month, a three day, two night stay with Aunt Bobbie and Uncle Dave in Davis, CA. I love that town and Sum did really well but developed a habit of sleeping with mom.

We also realized this month that Sum will be a talker! She is constantly talking/cooing. sometimes she talks when she eats and causes herself to choke, we are working on being more polite and waiting until we're done eating to tell stories. When we sing to her she lengthens her voice so it sounds like she is trying to sing too, that or she is just trying to talk over our singing. I love that little voice, she talks so much that she even keeps talking as she is falling asleep. It is so cute to hear the little tired coos that come from her as her eyes get heavier and heavier!

And lastly, a few days ago our baby found her hands. She stops and looks at them constantly, it is quite funny to see her play and kick and then all of the sudden she gets very still and quite as she contemplates her little hands:)
We love this little chunk of a baby! Keeping learning and growing baby S.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Oh man that baby girl makes me smile! I feel so privileged to have spent her 3 month mark with you guys! =) Hooray for talking/singing baby Summer!! I can't wait to hear all of her stories once she figures out how to talk!

Bobbiejane said...

She's so cute!!! She;ll have to come for another visit, or we can come visit her!! I love that she's talking and singing now how cute!!!!

Mindy said...

She looks so precious. What fun stages. 3months is great. That is when I start trying to make my kids sleep in their own rooms not in mine. Our families are really swapping the names around. ONe of my sons names is Jackson. Sounds like JL is naming his son that too. HEHE.