Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Anxiety...



I have to come clean. All my life I have had anxiety attacks. It' true, any of my former or present roommates and friends can tell you that. I just get really nervous and crazy about certain things, after that I end up freaking out about said "things". These things are usually unimportant and I end up feeling stupid later on.

For example: Baby S only takes good naps on me. Have I never told you that? Anyway, she is napping on me at the moment and girlfriend (baby S) didn't sleep so well last night, I didn't either if you were wondering, and so I wouldn't wake her up from this blessed nap right now for a million bucks understand? The anxiety comes in now because we have laundry to do and our laundry units are shared with the rest of the building located in a little room on my floor. Sum and I put laundry in the washer and dryer before her nap, but it has taken a lot longer to get sweet baby girl to fall asleep.

Now I am sitting here on my couch chomping at the bit (yes thats a phrase, Josh never believes me) because I can hear someone in the laundry room and they are probably going to have to remove my clothes from the dryer!!! Oh, the thought nearly kills me! I spend most of my time trying to figure out the perfect time to do laundry so that I don't have to go through this torture! One time someone took my clothes out for me and I think I cried about it, i may need to be medicated!

Then a thought comes to me, "whats the big deal?" Well, I could go on and on about why it's a big deal but then I looked down at this face:
(those are J's legs don't worry:)

And I simply need to stop caring about things that make me crazy, and start caring about the fact that I am so lucky to do nothing but stare at this sweet chubby girl! She won't want to sleep on me forever, so screw the laundry and whomever is touching it. I have a thing about clean hands too. Oh, brother.

xoxo

4 comments:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

do you have some sort of ergo or sling or baby carrier that she could sleep in while on you and you could still be able to do your laundry?

summer is so cute. and you look pretty fine yourself hot momma!

Jill and Dane said...

Anxiety is no fun! In addition to the normal stresses and worries with motherhood it's a crappy combo. But you're right, Summer won't sleep like that forever and one day you'll be missing the days she WOULD sleep on you. I know I do! On the days I felt the most stressed out like that, I would try to just put my blessings at the forefront of my mind, just like you're doing with focusing on your chubby, cute little girl. :)

It's not always easy to do though!
PS maybe you can put threatening signs on the washer you're using like, "if you touch my clothes, I'll jack you up!" haha. Just a thought. :)

Mindy said...

Yes, I would hate for other people to move my clothes. Yes, a Sign could be good with a basket for them to just dump your stuff in. Eventually you'll figure it out. I know Heidi use to Grocerie shop late at night once her husband was home. Sometimes I put the kid down as best I can and take the monitor with me in case they get out of control. But seeing as she is only 2 months, you should just put a sign and enjoy your time.

Holman Family said...

Welcome to being a mom! I go through this on the daily and my OCD does not help! PS Sum is gorgeous! I cant wait until she meets W and we arrange their marriage :)