Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pop or Soda?

I have been given a lot of flack in my life about calling a carbonated beverage "pop". I have been told that it is supposed to be called "soda" or in the south they just call it "coke". Anyway, my whole family and one of my best friends would agree that these tasty beverages taste way better as "pop" then "soda". Now I'm not hating on anyone who thinks soda tastes better called soda. But it looks to me like Pepsi now has my back on this whole pop vs. soda thing! I just want to add that my whole family and myself have been addicted to pop since I can remember and admitting this now makes me feel like white trash:) My head hurts, I guess that means I'm having my caffeine withdrawal so I better go:) J/K

10 comments:

Jill and Dane said...

hey that picture was from our blog!!!!! Let it be known that I have always refered to that wonderful beverage as POP. You have my vote. From Dane

Larsen's said...

That is weird - tonight at dinner we were talking to the kids about how we say diffrent things - like french fries vs. chips, and...soda vs. pop! I am used to saying soda, but I do like pop better. It sounds sweeter!

museumeg said...

I love Coke-the original. I don't know what they put in it and I don't care what they call it. Give me the brown stuff!

Bailey said...

I agree it's definitely POP. I too am addicted, being pregnant I am laying off the pop and it SUCKS!

Tiffany Fackrell said...

it is definitely called POP!!! Although, I don't drink it much I still refer to it as POP!

Holman Family said...

Ok for some reason all my friends from California gave me SO much crap for calling it pop. You just stick to what you know is right girlfriend.

Amy said...

It's Coke. In Southern California we called it all Coke and in the South they called it all Coke. I don't know you very well since you are in nursery, but I saw your blog and couldn't resist commenting on such a great pop culture comment.

The McEwen's said...

I say pop all the way (Brandon is from the South so he says Coke, but he doesn't count).

Michael Larsen said...

I'm neither, I call it by what it's actual name is, but I'm weirdly particular that way. I don't drink Pop or Soda... I drink Diet Coke, Root Beer, Mountain Dew or Dr. Pepper. The distinction is important to me :), but hey, I'm cool with whatever anyone wants to all their beverage of choice.

Besides, at the end of the day, Blenheim Ginger Ale pwns all of the others ;).

The Radmall's said...

It's SODA... sorry! FYI Addyson shot poop at me yesterday, it went everywhere, it even got on my pants!! Anyway, thought you would appreciate that story. Come visit us soon, we miss you!