Thursday, February 24, 2011

Media law and ethics



I really don't like politics or talking about them because it gets everyone heated. Although I do have opinions I try to spare my friends in the blog world from them. I am in a media law and ethics class in school and it has been really interesting. We recently talked about Oregon's representative David Wu who has been in the spotlight many times for weird stuff. The Gop has recently asked him to step down from his position after this picture came out.

AP – FILE - In this image provided by the Willamette Week newspaper,
and taken Oct. 2, 2010 in Portland, Ore,

I feel bad for this guy, I mean seriously, look at him! This photo was taken and sent to staff members of his during a heated campaign last year after he apparently took two unknown pain killers from a unnamed donor. Now people are freaking out and wondering what's up with his mental health? I think it's kinda funny, if I worked for him I would laugh when I got the text, wouldn't you? Anyway, Wu doesn't agree and thinks that he shouldn't step down. He thinks he's a darn good rep with or without the tiger suit and to be honest, my personal feelings for Oregon say that this might be the best they can do in terms of reps:)

I mainly want to point out that I am glad J isn't in politics or running for any office because I'm sure worse pictures than this would come up of me at least and we would have been kicked out long ago! I know this is a random post but this class has me dreaming of funny ethical issues and I thought I would share one. I know have said nothing about ethics but this is too funny!

No comments: