Friday, February 24, 2012

Half Birthday!

This girl is 6 months old now! We celebrated by having avocado for the first time, solids are starting to bore poor Sum. She was a little impressed with the green stuff...but not much. Also, she doesn't take a bottle and trying to give her water or anything is hard unless it comes from me so if you have any suggestions pray tell won't you? We have started giving her a sippy cup but she just gets all wet.
Can't believe that 6 months ago I was being told that I was STILL at an 8cm dilation and I'd have to be put on pitocin to speed things up. Now it's like I never went through that hell:) Obviously it was worth it, she's an angel!
6 month appointment went well, her stats:
weight- 16lbs=50th percentile
height- I forget but it's 97th percentile

long story short she's going to be a model! We are thrilled

1 comment:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I wouldn't worry too too much about the solid thing. I didn't even start my Bridger on solids until 6 months. she is still healthy and growing fine with your milk. and my babies NEVER would take a bottle until around 10 months and then I weaned them shortly after that to whole milk. so i say keep introducing the solids but don't worry too much about it at this point. do you warm up her food? and her water? because if you think about it the milk she drinks is our body temperature at 98.6 so maybe it is too cold for her? just a thought.

also i can't believe she is already 6 months it seems like you just had her! she is adorable!