Friday, September 10, 2010

What would you grab?

This is a similar image that I saw while driving home last night. You could see flames from 20 miles away! A natural gas line in San Bruno, CA exploded last night leaving so much damage that it makes your stomach turn just thinking about it. I couldn't do my homework last night because I kept thinking about those poor San Bruno residents that don't have a home anymore. I am so glad to here that all of our Ward members are safe. I hope none of their homes were damaged, but with flames reaching 1,000ft in the air and 120 homes already counted as "damaged" it would be a miracle if none of their homes were in need of some kind of repair!

I couldn't sleep last night, I just kept wondering what I might grab in the seconds before I had to flee my home? I started thinking about really dumb things like my favorite pair of shoes or little keepsakes that my mom has given me over the years. Then I thought about important papers and legal documents that thankfully I have in the same place so it wouldn't be hard to grab. Even though I was up most of the night thinking about this I still don't know what would be the best thing to grab in the seconds that I might have. Hopefully I would save myself first and hopefully I will never have to find out in real life what I would grab! What would you grab? Think about it, it's not easy to answer is it?

I am grateful for my testimony of a loving Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That's what I thought of the most last night. I pray for the many people affected by this terrible accident!


Picture by The Chronicle

2 comments:

museumeg said...

I watched some of the coverage on CNN last night. So sad, scary and awful! I hope everyone involved will be okay. As for what I'd grab, that's easy... my kids. :)

Larsen's said...

We that to answer that question ourselves! We grabbed lots of stuff...of course, undergarments, socks, pants, PJ's, shoes, jackets, topps...and then our "important papers", photo albums, glasses and contact lens, the kids grabbed their favorite toys, our scriptures, our dog and her food...and I will admit, I grabbed my make up bag and my flat iron! (Well, we did have time!)


Luckily, we were able to return to our house in the morning...