Sunday, May 17, 2009

Slumber party!

It got really warm here yesterday, but it was very hot inside our apartment! We could not get comfortable, around 10pm it started cooling off in the living room. So,we decided to bring the mattress out to the living room for a good old fashion slumber party:) Josh still didn't sleep very well but I slept great! One out of two ain't bad. This picture is of me last night when it was around 83 degrees in our living room, yuke!

This is how we woke up and the apartment had cooled down to 73 degrees! Today is supposed to be even hotter, I have a feeling the living room will be our bedroom for the next couple nights:( P.s. don't you love how our queen size mattress almost doesn't fit in the living room. How do people live where it's really hot? I hope I never find out!

5 comments:

Melanie Cain said...

Nice.... love the post. I have been sleeping on the couch half the time since Keldon was born. It gets hotter than crap plus having another little persons body heat on top of yours is not fun in a hot house. It makes you sooooo grouchy when its hot. Nothing worse than trying to sleep in the heat.

Tiffany Fackrell said...

please don't tell me you live in california and you don't have air conditioning? I do love me a good slumber party though!! David and I use to blow up our camping mattress and have slumber parties and watch movies before we had Cambree!

Amy said...

I don't get the whole no A/C thing in the Bay either. Our apartment has been almost unbearable this weekend, too. We've discovered it is cooler to hang out outside at the park. Have fun slumber partying!

The Stars at Night...Deep in the Heart of Texas said...

Wow, that looks awful. Sooo, your coming to Texas for some heat relif? That will be a first. We are counting down the days too!

Jen said...

awww what a cute little slumber party! The heat is the worst!! I still remember those nights in Utah when even sleeping outside didn't help...unless you were in the mountains. =) Lets both pray for a cooler summer...yesh?