Sunday, September 25, 2011

1 month!



Our baby girl is 1 month old now! We don't usually get dressed up so I thought I would try on this cute dress to see how it fits, thank goodness she will still be able to wear it over the next couple of months!

I don't get dressed or take care of myself anymore so this photo is really good in my opinion. I'm dressed, hair isn't in a bun and the babe isn't crying. Awesome!
We just love her so much! She has blue blue blue eyes (they look like blueberries!), her hair is starting to get lighter and she is losing some of it, she is way skinnier than I thought! I always thought I'd have a chunky baby, she still will get bigger but I thought she'd be a chunk right off the bat. she has skinny arms and legs so we will need to work on fattening those up:)

She is just so sweet, she LOVES her pink elephant (thanks Mrs. Wadsworth! check out her etsy, she makes great stuff!) She stairs at her pink elephant and sucks on her bink sometimes so that I can go to the bathroom or shove my face with something to eat before she gets bored and starts crying. It captures her attention longer than anything else.
She looks so little in this picture! Her 1 month appointment isn't until tuesday so I'm not sure what her stats are yet? I hope she has gained weight, she just looks so small but I guess she is a newborn baby right? Anyway a couple of mornings ago I changed her diaper and she had messed through onto her pj's so I took them off, during this time she fell back asleep so I put her next to J and covered her up thinking she would wake up but she stayed asleep! (don't worry I don't condone leaving an infant in a bed like this, it was just for the picture). She loves sleeping just like her Dad. She wakes up 2 times a night every four hours almost on the nose. She will feed for 5-8 minutes then its back to sleep! She is very efficient.

6 comments:

Bobbiejane said...

Oh my gosh!!! She seems so big sitting up on her own!!! I can't believe it! You look beautiful and skinny!! I can't wait for you guys to come to Davis!!!! I want to see her again sometime soon!! Loves

Holman Family said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE her! Ok at first I was so scared to have the baby in the bed with us but during the summer he slept with me every night since I was at my mom's and now we put him in his crib every night but he usually ends up back in bed with me by morning.
She is so cute I cant wait to meet her!!! Will you be home for Thanksgiving?

Becca said...

Summer is so darn cute, Siera! The transition to being a mom is a hard one (at least it was for me). Eventually you will start to feel more like yourself.

Ashley said...

She is so precious! What a cutie pie!

meagan said...

Holy Cows! One month?! Love the little one - and that the elephant is so much bigger than she is. What a little sweet pea. You look radiant Sierra. And Josh looks like a great dad too:)

Jane said...

I love Summer's little lilac smocked dress! She looks so cute! I want to meet her and see her blue eyes! I bet you're an awesome mama.