Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Obsession with maps!


I heart maps like you would not believe so I thought I would share some of my loves from Martha Stewart. I have used this wrapping gifts with maps technique in the past and I loved doing it. I still regret not registering for a giant map wall paper for our wedding, wouldn't that have been so cool?





I'm pretty sure if I could decorate my future mansion like a library with maps like this everywhere I would. Lately I've had love affair with modge podge, old maps from National Geographic magazines, and canvases. It hasn't turned out as well as I wanted but I'm still trying. Someday though I will have dozens of old antique maps framed! Enjoy and don't worry i will post about other obsessions i have later, i know you're dying to know more of them.

3 comments:

Jill and Dane said...

K that is really funny that you are obsessed with maps, because I too have ALWAYS been obsessed with maps. I would look at the maps in my mom's scriptures every Sunday all through sacrament growing up... and in the mansion that Dane and I will undoubtedly have one day, I want a library with a world map covering the walls. But not in a cheesy way... it would done very classy. I love that you love maps! I think I will try that map wrapping paper idea... very very cute!

Amy said...

That's a neat niche. I haven't heard of a map collector since Colombus. And I'm not sure that counts.

Holman Family said...

Ok that wrapping paper is SO cute you are amazing and I am totally going to steal that idea from you. I just got a poster to frame that is an old map of Paris and I am in L.O.V.E. with it.