Sunday, March 8, 2009

What the pie auction?

The young women in our ward at church had a fund raiser last night with a spaghetti dinner and then a pie auction. Josh and I had to leave early after the dinner so we couldn't stay for the auction but we really wanted an apple pie. So, our friends offered to bid for us, buy the pie and then we would repay them. Before we left I told my friend bidding for us "I will pay anything to get that pie!" Come to find out that our little joy of a pie was almost $40. ! And ours was one of the cheaper ones! A couple of these pies went for over $100. ! Let's just say that the girls in the ward are going to EFY in first class baby! So I'm thinking we got ripped off, but at least it went toward a good cause. I was totally wrong, this pie was so amazing I would spend another $40. for another one!!! I had one little bite just to prove my point that it wasn't that good, and I ended up making that huge hole you see! Loved it! Good thing Josh is taking a nap, he will be so mad when he finds out I started eating it without him:)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that looks so good right now!

Jason said...

We spent about $100 for some bread, cookies, and a couple of dinners at our youth auction last year. The YM did a better job on their dinner than the YW. Both were good.

Jen said...

I wish we could have stayed for the auction too! I heard that things were NUTS!! =) Did you see Jen Jacobson's blueberry cheesecake...mmmmm....who made the apple pie that you won?